Wednesday, August 5, 2009

From the Advising Desk


At my desk here in Advising, a significant minority of students that I have seen who are new to the college are transferring in from another district, or are currently attending an university and are taking summer classes.
I have also seen a few who started at an university and did not do well, so after a short break decided to start all over here at RLC.
 
It appears that the majority who I have seen have recently graduated high school, or are about to graduate. They come from all walks of life, and a minority also arrive with their parents to talk with me.
 
I would estimate that more than 1/2 have other commitments including work commitments and a majority of those students work full or nearly full time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment