Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Haiku From a Very Caring Advisor

When I think of the face of our students, there are so many images. We see single parents struggling to improve their situation, who need all the help they can find.
I see returning adults, who are fearful of failure but usually set the bar very high in the classroom.
I see young students out of high school, who can't go to a four year school, although their skills are excellent.
I see young students out of high school, who do not have college level skills but want to complete a degree.
I see young students out of high school, who have no desire to be here, but their parents tell them they must be here and take a full load for insurance purposes.
I see students who are here taking a full load so they are able to receive the maximum financial aid package.
I see students who did not complete high school, but they want to continue their education.
I see students who work full time, have a family , and still manage to do well in the classroom.
I see students who are at a crossroads in their lives and know they don't want to continue in their career path, so they are looking for change or to follow their instinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment